Education is the key to greater opportunities that will allow one to earn a living and improve their quality of life. Those of you studying at Greystone College have probably come to Canada with the goal of becoming a better version of yourself in hopes of achieving new and greater opportunities to build a brighter future.
Sadly, having the resources to access education is out of reach for others. Especially in economically-depressed communities where a lack of education often forces its citizens to take on low paying jobs to support their families. That’s when the Learn to Earn program comes into play.
Learn to Earn is an educational initiative created to provide English language lessons and life skills training to underprivileged young women and girls in New Delhi and surrounding areas through sponsorships. The goal? Provide these women with the skills they need to obtain stable employment in education, hospitality and service sectors.
If you want to get to know and hear the stories of a few of the girls in this program, check these!
- Link 1 + Image http://www.ilsc.com/blog/2015/06/my-story-through-pictures-soni-kumari/
- Link 2 + image http://www.ilsc.com/blog/2015/06/my-stories-through-pictures-vandana-kumari/
- Link 3 + image http://www.ilsc.com/blog/2015/05/my-story-through-pictures-noori-shekh/
How can you give back too?
- Check for Learn to Earn events happening on your campus!
These events can range from pizza nights, to bingo games, bake sales, etc. There is usually one per month. Students can volunteer and give their time while helping set up and run the event, or they can participate by purchasing the goods or services offered.
- Have some small change? There’s a small yellow box at reception where you can donate, if you want, that small change!