Moving to a new country and starting college in a language different than your mother tongue is certainly an exciting journey that many of our students embark on. New city, culture, friends, food… and new challenges!
Starting October 1st, all Greystone College students will have free and immediate access to the international Student Support Program (SSP). This service provides instant, confidential and culturally relevant support in multiple languages, for any concern you may have, no matter how big or small.
What can My SSP help you with?
– Healthy living habits
– Adapting to new cultures
– Dealing with challenging situations
– Managing your finances
– Relationships with friends and family
– Doing well in school
– Everyday issues while studying
– And more!
How can you access this service?
All Greystone College students can use this service anytime, and free of charge. There are 3 different ways you can get access:
- Downloading ‘My SSP’ app. At the touch of a button, you can call or live chat with a qualified counsellor. You will also have access to relevant articles and videos.
- Visiting the website www.keepmesafe.org
- Calling 1.844.451.9700 to speak to an advisor over the phone
For each of these services, 24/7 support is available in Arabic, Cantonese, English, French, Korean, Mandarin and Spanish. The Student Support Program also offers support in 60 other languages so you can request to communicate in your native language. Then, someone who speaks your language and has the same cultural background will get back to you. Needless to say, everything is completely confidential within the limits of the law. This means that no one – including your family, friends, or professors – will know that you used the program.